Top-5 Reasons to Play Dragon Games
Fantasy as a general setting has become incredibly popular. What used to be a small niche for DnD enthusiasts turned into a worldwide phenomenon. Major Hollywood flicks and TV series aside, it made its way into electronic entertainment. Creators thrive on building new worlds with exciting lore, characters, and locations from scratch. However, the industry has an unfortunate tendency towards standardization. Many developers fall into the trap of copying successful releases without introducing fresh ideas. Consequently, audiences end up with uninspired portrayals of elves and orcs, mages and paladins. Meanwhile, something as seemingly trivial as single-player and online dragon games are exceedingly rare. Which is odd, considering the obvious interest in the otherworldly creatures. Ancient and powerful, guarding treasures and holding infinite wisdom, they are both magnificent and terrifying. Many would be thrilled to face them in battle or join forces for mutual benefit. Sadly, neither modern nor retro titles provide sufficient opportunities to do so. Perhaps, highlighting the most compelling features of this underappreciated category, might give it more steam. The aim of this article is to inspire newcomers to check it out.
Fire in the Sky
Mysterious lizard-like flying monsters are mentioned in many mythologies around the globe. Different cultures portray them as both villainous and benevolent beings. Virtual depictions allow experiencing the entire spectrum of renditions that vary significantly. But they all share the following admirable traits:
- Thanks to how multifaceted the subject is, the possibilities are endless. Dragon’s Dogma is crawling with all kinds of enormous enemies that pose serious danger. By contrast, Spyro is a fierce, but friendly protagonist who fights for good.
- Sense of wonder. The prospects of soaring in the clouds or exploring the deepest dungeons are equally enticing. Tame or befriend the formidable beasts, sneak in or enter their lairs head-on.
- Universal appeal. This inexhaustible theme encompasses numerous genres. Medieval flight simulators, platformers, graphic adventures, immersive RPGs to name a few. They accommodate every playstyle imaginable and are suitable for multiple age groups.
- Spectacular visuals. Unrestricted by realism, designers get away with using vibrant colors and wonderful environments. The results range from impressive landscapes of Skyrim to cartoonish esthetics akin to Dragon Rage.
- Multi-platform support. Although somewhat scarce, there are hidden gems on nearly any system under the sun. PC, console, and mobile users alike have some solid options to choose from.
These outstanding qualities are just the tip of the iceberg. The list of advantages includes fascinating narratives, unique mechanics, and much more.
Where to Find Free Dragon Games
While top-tier franchises are fairly prominent, indie alternatives are often overlooked. Though typically less ambitious, they are just as, if not more, amusing and enthralling. Due to the relatively low production costs, smaller studios set competitive prices. Some decide against charging consumers altogether. Instead, they generate income by selling advertising to businesses. There are several Internet-based collections that specialize in this model of distribution. Enjoying their content doesn’t cost anything. Simply click the link in any browser, watch a short message, and begin the playthrough.
Hopefully, this overview motivates the uninitiated to join the ranks of fearless treasure-hunters and adventurers. Dragon games are fun, memorable, engaging, and utterly delightful. Give them a chance and become a fan for life.